Pyricularia oryzae, the fungus that causes the disease Blast on Rice, attack the rice plants in each growth phase. The attack on the Vegetative phase causes a 'Rhombus' split on the leaf. While attacks in the Generative phase in addition to attack the Leaf will also attack the neck panicles, resulting in decay on the neck panicles to cause void in the grain.
Some methods of prevention can be done by:
- Use Quality Seeds or Avoid Purchasing Seeds from Farm Shops li>
- Make Planting Rotation (With Vegetables Better)
- Adequate Potassium Fertilizer
- Avoid excessive Nitrogen fertilization
- Planting with less dense spacing (minimum 30cm x 30 cm)
- Bury the Straw